Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Scrabble stories



I'm losing most of my electronic scrabble games these days. And I dislike that. So I made up a new game.  Five minutes to write a story using all the words from the finished board.  I'm allowed to change the tense of the words and can skip some of the two-letter nonsense words. These are my rules after all.

Here you go.

He was such a patsy.  He actually believed the 20 foot manta ray on the ceiling of the museum was real.  She wondered how many other people of that ilk were running around the city, mired in fantasy and misconception. 

It felt like a broiler in the taxi.  She tugged on her shirt to get some air, suddenly wishing she would have joined him in his car on the way to the expo after all.  But dang.  He just wasn't right for her.

She had so hoped for a cure, an aloe, to soothe her frayed nerves.  After being a nanny, practically serving as mom, dad, and ref for those quints -- including the one with the tic -- she felt as though she may as well live in a sty and share the slop with the pigs and horses.  How had she sunk so low?

She leaned her head forward as a signal for the driver to stop.  She threw the money on the front seat and ran into the bar.  "Jeez lady," the hauler said as he drove away. 

Upon ordering a whiskey, neat and an avocado sandwich, she felt much more refined about the goings on in her life.  And after a few more, she knew she would be perfectly pleased to either doze or dance a jig.

It just didn't matter anymore.

1 comment:

  1. I love this. I am going to have to try this next time I play. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete